Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's Not A Party If All My Friends Aren't Welcome!


My dear friend Anonymous Boxer gave a fabulous blog party a couple of months back and invited all her cool friends. I was honored to be one of said friends, and having never been to a blog party before I didn't know what to expect. FUN! The darn thing went on for a couple of days and while I only was able to attend a small bit of it, I had a blast!

So, AB has set the bar rather high as far as my expectations and while I was blog hopping this evening I came across a blog advertising a big annual blog party. I thought: "what fun, if it's anything like AB's party, should be a good time". As I was reading how the party would be conducted, I got half way down the page and saw no men would be allowed. Huh? Why not, and how do you prevent them from participating?

I think the majority of my readers might be women, but I've got some great male friends, like Bobby, Nick and Herb Urban. I see no good reason why they shouldn't be able to add their wit and humor to a blog party, and the fact that they wouldn't be made me not want to participate. I don't know if these guys had even heard of the party; I stumbled across it myself, but that's not really the point. It's the principle of the thing!

Maybe I'm just getting overly sentimental as I become a woman "of a certain age", but if my friends aren't welcome...well honey, I'm not that girl anymore.