Saturday, November 3, 2007

What's Up With The Mysterious Phone Messages?



There are some things that make me want to wail in frustration:
-The latest episode of "I Love New York 2 ",
-Blanket emails and,
-MYSTERIOUS PHONE MESSAGES!

You may be wondering what a mysterious phone message is, well allow me to illustrate;

Picture this, Las Vegas 2007...

The beautiful Menopauseprincess sits at her table, phone held to her ear, listening to her friend's outgoing voice mail message. The message concludes and her melodious voice says,

"Hi Marcy it's me, I was just calling to see if you wanted to go to the meeting with me on Friday." "Call me and let me know if you'd like to go."

Some hours go by and Marcy does return the call which MP is not home to receive. Here's Marcy's message: "Hi it's Marcy, returning your call." "Call me."

Um...what about the meeting? That information was requested but not provided; now the old game of Telephone Tag can begin. ARGH!

I am not asking for a social security number, I'm merely asking if you 'd like to go somewhere, somewhere we've more than likely discussed before. I receive a return call that might have been placed from a Free Clinic reporting results from the latest round of STD testing.

What's up with the mysterious phone messages? I always try to leave a detailed message, stating the reason for the call, even if it's just to chat; unless there's a reason I know of not to do so. If I'm calling with a specific question and you return the call and don't get me; please leave a detailed message.

When I was younger and my life was a lot less planned; those mysterious phone messages were fine; but I'm not that girl anymore!