Friday, October 19, 2007

And Now A Word To All The Lurkers

There are as many types of people in the blogosphere as there are on the planet. There are funny people, happy people, angry people, depressed people; there are extroverts and the introverts and there are people with opinions about everything and people who keep their opinions to themselves. I just want to take a moment to speak to the last group I mentioned; in the blogoshpere we call them Lurkers.

Lurkers are the people who visit a blog, maybe frequently, but do not leave a comment.

Yesterday, I was reading a blog where a comment was submitted from a long time Lurker. This person said when they discover a blog with a lot of comments, they often won't leave one because it seems like there's an established community already and they wouldn't fit in.

I don't know if you can consider this a blog with "a lot" of comments, but we tend to get a little silly around here, like friends playing nicely together, and I'd like you to join in the fun, if you like.

And even if you decide to stay a Lurker, please know that I appreciate you. Thank you for reading what I have to say, know that you are welcome here and anytime you want, you are invited to play!