Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sunday Scribblings: Sorry--I'm Not!

On my visit to obtain the prompt for the week, there was this note on the Sunday Scribblings door:
Sorry, folks. Meg and I are both out of town this weekend and will not be able to put up links -- I think this is the first time in 80 weeks that we've both been traveling on the same weekend! We will be back next week with a great prompt. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and we'll see you soon!
[Update -- It's 5 am and I'm heading to the airport & saw your comments -- aw, you guys, I feel bad! If you want to use "Sorry" as a prompt, I promise to post the links on Monday!]

My first thought was: "okay, see ya next week", because there's still that 8 year old with the potato inside of me, and there was a "getting out of homework" feel to it that was cool. Then the adult part of me piped up that no one is making me do this every week, I do it for me, and to some extent for you, my fabulous readers. I went back to Sunday Scribblings and noticed that lots of other people had reached the same conclusion; they were writing anyway, and later on there was indeed, a prompt-"Sorry".

What usually happens for me with Sunday Scribblings is something immediately pops into my head, all wordy and wanting to be written, so I sleep on it and the next day something else pops up, something not quite so full of itself and that's what gets into print. But, "Sorry?", I couldn't get anything positive with that, and for some reason I feel like I need to be positive. Not need to be really, but am...so I need to be.

So...I wake up today thinking about "Sorry", and I'm in a good mood just because I'm me and I realized that Sorry--I'm not.

  • -I'm not sorry for any of the choices I have made in my life. Alcoholics Anonymous says in a portion of the Big Book: "we will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it". I think that is so eloquent and on point, because all roads led to now, and now is pretty cool.
  • -I'm not sorry for the relationships I've had. I may have been plenty sorry when I was in them, but they were training grounds for the two real relationships I have now; with my SO and with myself.
  • -I'm not sorry for having days when I just don't care what I look like, or who sees it. You don't like it, don't look.
  • -I'm not sorry for being loud, I don't want to live like I'm in a library. I don't know if I'm really loud but SO occasionally tells me I am.
  • -I'm not sorry for not wanting to be around people who are overly negative. We all have down times or periods in our lives, but if people only see the world through poop-colored glasses I'll send them good energy-from afar.
  • I'm not sorry that I have a pretty open mind. If what you like and believe don't involve harming children or animals--have at it. I'll respect your right to like and believe it, I may even let you tell me about it, at length.
As I sit here writing this, I can't say I can think of anything I'm sorry about. I'm all full of my "I'm not that girl anymore"-ness today, and that's a good place to be.



This post was done as part of the Sunday Scribblings