Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Blog Matchmaking


Last week I gave out some awards to some of my blogging friends. The reason I did this is because I wanted to let these people know how much I enjoy their writing or how much fun I have when I visit their site. SO asked me if it didn't devalue the award if so many are given out; my answer to that is no. I think if people didn't care about their writing being appreciated, they'd write in a notebook and call it a day.

If you're anything like me, you probably have your favorites and you visit them frequently. Because I do visit my favorites frequently I kind of know who regularly comments. I was a little flattered when I noticed a comment from someone familiar to me, but not someone who'd previously commented on that site, that said they'd come there because they discovered them on my award post.

That comment felt like a compliment, but after it happened four more times I began to think something was up. I realized that what I had done was a fine bit of blog matchmaking because; those folks seem to be regular commenters on each other's blogs now. I couldn't be happier; it's so much fun when your friends like each other.