Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Niche Has Found Me!


In August of 2007 I was a nubile blogging virgin, wide-eyed and full of questions. I wrestled with things like, how do I make a link? What is technorati? How do I add a picture to my posts? And most importantly, how do I decide what my niche is?

My friend Bobby Revelle is an ethical blogger and always willing to help new bloggers, I asked him how I determine what my niche is, he said that it would sort of happen organically, that the niche would find me. Well, I am happy to say the niche has found me, my niche is: Personal, Want To Make Money.

If you're confused about this niche don't be, because it has been around for a while. You're on a blog in this niche when you're reading about a dog or cat and there's Adsense or some other click ad program on the blog. You're on a blog in this niche when you're reading about how the kids are sick or the job sucks, or "we moved into our new house today" and in between those posts there are paid postings.

So if you find yourself on a Personal, Want To Make Money blog, be kind...we've got to pay for our dogs, cats, and new houses!