Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And The Thought For Today Is...



"We don't stop playing because we grow old;

we grow old because we stop playing"
-George Bernard Shaw


As I was leaving the grocery store today I noticed a bubblegum machine along the bank of machines that are always at kept at kid's eye level. SO jokes that I'm like a child when I pass one of these machines; I usually counter with "yeah, but I've got my own money". Now, normally I would be fishing in my bag for a coin to deposit into the machine, but the painted price on this machine was 50cents! Criminy! I can remember when these things were 5 cents. To pay 50 cents for a mere bubblegum ball, well that was the end of it for me.

Still, there are times when I've just got to let the little girl out, back to the time when I was just "princess".

-I own crayons and a large unfinished poster of a Victorian house that I can color any way I want.
-I enjoy a good jar of bubbles to blow, it's even more fun if there's a dog who'll chase the bubbles.
-I play with toys in toy stores.
-I checked out "Oh The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss today from the library and reserved a copy of "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" also by Dr. Seuss. I am reading both of these books because I want to be reminded of the places I can go and how lucky I am.
-Much to SO's chagrin, I occasionally wear my hair in braided pigtails.
-I love any movie that has a talking animal in it. I just went to see "Underdog" and laughed loud and hard.

I don't ever want to be so old I stop playing. I want you to be able to look into my eyes and still see the little girl there. I want to retain as much joy as I can.

What about you?