Monday, September 24, 2007

You Tube

"Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast..."
William Congreve

Let me tell you I was having a party on You Tube the other night!`

I discovered You Tube is more than just a hub for garage bands to promote their music or a portal for everyone with a web cam to express themselves. You Tube is my own personal worldwide jukebox! I discovered that any song I could think of, regardless of the age was on You Tube; the original artists as well as many folks who just wanted to sing that song.

My musical tastes are nothing, if not eclectic. I started off with Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father Again", that song always makes me want to cry, but in a good way. Next, I listened to The Beatles' "She's Leaving Home", and then my brain really started cooking... it was like all the songs that I'd not heard in years, maybe even decades, were fighting for priority.

Below is a list of the songs that were played at Menopauseprincess" Rocking Party, you can see how they cover a number of genres.

"Dance With My Father Again" Luther Vandross
"She's Leaving Home" The Beatles
"Only You" Notorious B.I.G. ,Puff Daddy, Ma$e
"Anything, Anything" Dramarama
"How Can An Angel Break My Heart" Toni Braxton
"A House Is Not A Home" Luther Vandross
"Let Me Blow Ya Mind" EVE and Gwen Stefani
"If I Was A Rich Girl" Gwen Stefani and EVE
"Anytime" Brian McKnight
"Family Affair" Mary J. Blige
"Since I Fell For You" Lenny Welch
"You Belong To Me" Jo Stafford
"They Dance Alone" Sting

As the next title or artist came into my mind, I'd type it into the You Tube search engine, hit play and off I went. There was some finger popping, head shaking, and chair dancing, going on, I tell ya! When I'd finished with my party I was in a good mood that lasted the rest of the night.

I know there's iTunes and iPods, but I really don't want to have to download all those songs, You Tube is free, and sticking those little things in my ear, well, I'm not that girl anymore.