Monday, August 13, 2007

I Know It When I See It-

It has taken me a number of years to admit that when it comes to art, I'm probably not very sophisticated. I've never been one of those people that would stand in front of a monocolored canvas and exclaim about what I see there.
No, I like my shapes to be recognizable, people to look like people and their body parts to be where they usually are.
While my tastes have a bit more class than poker playing pooches, I finally did admit it that I wouldn't be consulted regarding artistic periods any time soon. Imagine my surprise when I noticed my artistic tastes changing.

Upon a recent visit to a rather well appointed home, I found myself gazing at a canvas with various colored geometric shapes and thinking it would look great over my couch! I couldn't have been more shocked. Why, there wasn't a tree, sun, or horse in sight. There was, however, a Picasso which I quite liked, a person with rearranged body parts.

I don't know quite what to make of these new discoveries. What's next, Easy Listening?